POUR LA VERSION FRANCAISE, MERCI DE CLIQUER ICI
The updated requirements for travel to The Islands of Tahiti as of 5 August 2022
|Since August 1, 2022, the rules previously applicable to travelers to France or The Islands of Tahiti no longer apply:|
– Travelers no longer have to complete any health formality before their arrival in The Islands of Tahiti, in France or overseas, and the presentation of the health pass/proof of full vaccination schedule is no longer required, whatever the country or area of origin;
– The compelling reason is no longer required;Travelers are no longer required to present a certificate of non-contamination and a commitment to perfom an antigenic test or a biological examination upon arrival on the national territory (tests are no longer required);
– Unvaccinated travelers are no longer required to perform tests to travel between mainland France and French Polynesia.
MAINTENANCE OF ENTRY MEASURES FOR A STOPOVER OR TRANSIT IN THE UNITED STATES
Travelers to French Polynesia with a stopover or transit in the United States, such as from Europe, must comply with the entry requirements of the U.S. authorities:
– Vaccinated travelers must present their proof of full vaccination schedule upon boarding;
– Unvaccinated travelers or travelers without a U.S. compliant vaccination schedule are not allowed to travel and transit the United States unless authorized exceptions (see Centers for Disease Control and Prevention list of exceptions) checked by the airlines upon boarding.
– COVID-19 tests are no longer required for travel to or transit through the United States, regardless of the traveler’s vaccination schedule..
REMINDER: On departure from French Polynesia, travelers must comply with their country’s entry restrictions and be tested in some cases.
Entry and stay conditions in The Islands of Tahiti
What are the vaccines authorized by French Polynesia?
Travelers who have received:
– Pfizer-BioNTech from Cominarty: 2 injections
– Moderna from Spikevax: 2 injections
– AstraZeneca from Vaxzevria: 2 injections
– Nuvaxovid from Novavax : 2 injections
– Covishield/R-Covi/Fiocruz: 2 injections
– Johnson & Johnson from Janssen : 1 injection
A mix of these authorized vaccines is also accepted.
For Sinopharm and Sinovrac vaccines, give two injections of the vaccine + one booster of Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna
People who have received one or two doses of an unrecognized vaccine will need to receive two doses of Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna to complete their vaccination status. Among the vaccines targeted is the Sputnik V.
REFUND OF TRAVELERS CONTRIBUTION TO THE HEALTH SURVEILLANCE FEE
Travellers arriving in French Polynesia from Monday 28 March 2022, who have registered on the ETIS platform and have paid their fixed contribution to the health surveillance fees, may apply to “Service du Tourisme” to request reimbursement. This request can be made by email (email@example.com) or by post (Service du Tourisme BP 4527- 98713 Papeete TAHITI French Polynesia).
Travellers requesting a refund are requested to attach their receipted invoice (downloadable from the “manage my file” tab or from the ETIS claim receipt email) and the flight information provided by the traveller’s airline (or travel agency) to the claim.
For any other questions regarding their ETIS application, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.